- 60 Swarm full freeway directional closures are complete.
- Expect ongoing nighttime freeway lane and on/off ramp closures in both directions for both 60 Swarm projects through 2021.
- Expect ongoing freeway lane reconfigurations for the duration of the project.
- Use posted detours for bridge related closures.
- Speed limit reduction to 55 MPH in the construction zone, strictly enforced.
- Businesses are open during construction.
Three bridge replacements along SR-60 at Pipeline Avenue, Monte Vista Avenue and Benson Avenue.
The vertical clearances on these bridges are being raised to current standards to mitigate over-height loads from hitting the structures.
Bridge replacement begins in July 2019 through Summer 2021.
Nighttime freeway lane closures, and work on the overpass with lane closures, for the duration of the project.
- Project cost: $23 million
- SB-1 funding: $10.4 million
- Contractor: Sema Construction of Temecula
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ADVISORY
SHOULDER CLOSED: WB and EB SR-60 between Archibald Avenue and Euclid Avenue. No shoulder access in both directions for three miles. Speed limit reduced to 55 MPH.
NOISE ADVISORY: Crews are doing freeway lane excavation work that generates noise and minor vibration. Please be advised that nighttime excavation work will continue.
DETOUR INFORMATION: Follow posted detours during lane and ramp closures. Motorists are advised to use alternate freeways such as the I-10, I-15, SR-210 and SR-91 to avoid delays.
SOCALGAS BENSON AVENUE PIPELINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT: Continues until August 2020, call 1-800-427-2200 for more information. Construction hours are Monday – Saturday from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. (subject to change). Advisory: SB lane closure on Benson Avenue between Francis Street and Philadelphia Street, and EB lane closure on Guardian Way between Vernon Avenue and Benson Avenue.
SBCTA PROJECT: Intermittent daytime lane closures continue at the WB Archibald Avenue off-ramp and the EB Archibald Avenue on/off-ramps for roadwork activities and excavation for retaining walls. One lane will remain open in both directions at all times.