SR-60 Freeway Project Area:
Euclid Avenue in San Bernardino County to the 60/91/215 Interchange in Riverside County.
- 18-mile concrete and asphalt rehabilitation on SR-60 lanes, shoulders and on/off ramps
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalk ADA ramps at the on/off ramp intersections
Why? SR-60 pavement is in disrepair
The 60 Swarm Pavement Project Will:
- Improve pedestrian safety and ride quality for motorists;
- Extend the roadway’s service life;
- Require less maintenance and minimalize maintenance worker exposure.
60 Swarm begins July 27, 2019 through summer 2021
- The project will include 15 full, directional, weekend freeway and ramp shutdowns from the end of July through mid-November 2019.
- This means that the 60 freeway will be closed in one direction at a time starting eastbound, from the I-15 to the 60-91-215 interchange for 55 hours, from 10 p.m. on Friday nights to 5 a.m. on Monday mornings.
- 10 p.m. Friday nights to 5 a.m. Monday mornings, from late July 27 – November 2019
- No freeway closures on Labor Day or Veterans Day weekends.
- Lane closures for the duration of the project.
- Project cost: $134.5 million
- SB-1 funding: $16.9 million
- Contractor: J. McLoughlin Engineering Co.