- 60 Swarm full directional freeway closures are complete.
- Expect ongoing nighttime freeway lane, on/off ramp, and connector closures in both directions for both 60 Swarm projects through 2021.
- Ongoing freeway lane reconfigurations throughout the project.
- Speed limit reduction to 55 MPH in the construction zone are strictly enforced.
- Businesses are open during construction.
SR-60 Freeway Project Area:
Euclid Avenue in San Bernardino County to the 60/91/215 Interchange in Riverside County.
- 18-mile concrete and asphalt rehabilitation on SR-60 lanes, shoulders and on/off ramps
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalk ADA ramps at the on/off ramp intersections
Why? SR-60 pavement is in disrepair
The 60 Swarm Pavement Project Will:
- Improve pedestrian safety and ride quality for motorists;
- Extend the roadway’s service life;
- Require less maintenance and minimalize maintenance worker exposure.
60 Swarm begins July 27, 2019 through summer 2021
- The project completed 15 full, directional, weekend freeway and ramp shutdowns from the end of July through mid-November 2019.
- Crews will continue working through Summer 2021 during nighttime hours, as early as 8 p.m. through 5 a.m.
- Nighttime lane and on/off ramp closures are planned. For details, check the updates section on the home page or sign up to receive text/email alerts.
- Project cost: $134.5 million
- SB-1 funding: $16.9 million
- Contractor: J. McLoughlin Engineering Co.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ADVISORY
ONGOING TRAFFIC RECONFIGURATION EB LANE CLOSURES: EB SR-60 two right lanes closed between Archibald Avenue and the I-15 to allow for accelerated pavement work. On and off-ramps between Archibald Avenue and the I-15 will remain open unless otherwise posted. The HOV lane will be available for all traffic within this construction zone, during lane closures.
SHOULDER CLOSED: WB and EB SR-60 between Archibald Avenue and Euclid Avenue. No shoulder access in both directions for three miles. Speed limit reduced to 55 MPH.
NOISE ADVISORY: Crews are doing freeway lane excavation work that generates noise and minor vibration. Please be advised that nighttime excavation work will continue.
DETOUR INFORMATION: Follow posted detours during lane and ramp closures. Motorists are advised to use alternate freeways such as the I-10, I-15, SR-210 and SR-91 to avoid delays.
SOCALGAS BENSON AVENUE PIPELINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT: Continues until August 2020, call 1-800-427-2200 for more information. Construction hours are Monday – Saturday from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. (subject to change). Advisory: SB lane closure on Benson Avenue between Francis Street and Philadelphia Street, and EB lane closure on Guardian Way between Vernon Avenue and Benson Avenue.
SBCTA PROJECT: Intermittent daytime lane closures continue at the WB Archibald Avenue off-ramp and the EB Archibald Avenue on/off-ramps for roadwork activities and excavation for retaining walls. One lane will remain open in both directions at all times.