- 60 Swarm full directional freeway closures are complete.
- Expect ongoing nighttime freeway lane and on/off ramp closures in both directions for both 60 Swarm projects through 2021.
- Ongoing freeway lane reconfigurations throughout the project.
- Speed limit reduction to 55 MPH in the construction zone are strictly enforced.
- Businesses are open during construction.
SR-60 Freeway Project Area:
Euclid Avenue in San Bernardino County to the 60/91/215 Interchange in Riverside County.
- 18-mile concrete and asphalt rehabilitation on SR-60 lanes, shoulders and on/off ramps
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalk ADA ramps at the on/off ramp intersections
Why? SR-60 pavement is in disrepair
The 60 Swarm Pavement Project Will:
- Improve pedestrian safety and ride quality for motorists;
- Extend the roadway’s service life;
- Require less maintenance and minimalize maintenance worker exposure.
60 Swarm begins July 27, 2019 through summer 2021
- The project completed 15 full, directional, weekend freeway and ramp shutdowns from the end of July through mid-November 2019.
- Crews will continue working through Summer 2021 during nighttime hours, as early as 8 p.m. through 5 a.m.
- Nighttime lane and on/off ramp closures are planned. For details, check the updates section on the home page or sign up to receive text/email alerts.
- Project cost: $134.5 million
- SB-1 funding: $16.9 million
- Contractor: J. McLoughlin Engineering Co.